About Lions Fun Ride
In 2005 Lions were approached by a cyclist whose grandchild had benefited from successful cancer treatment. He highlighted the necessity for further research into the treatment of childhood cancers and invited Lions to support this need through the development of a fundraising cycling event.
Being a Fun Ride and not a race, cyclists can enjoy traversing the quieter back roads of picturesque country regions such as the Darling Downs and the South Burnett. On the road, Lions volunteers support the riders with safety vehicles and carry lunches, water and other items for each rider group.
All funds raised by the Kallangur Lions Fun Ride are dedicated to Children's Cancer Institute, the only research organisation in Australia devoted solely to identifying the causes and treatments for childhood cancers and leukaemia. So far, the Lions Fun Ride has raised almost $700,000 to support the Children's Cancer Institute's valuable research.
Kallangur Lions thank our past riders and sponsors and we look forward to you joining us to support the great work being done by the Children's Cancer Institute in 2022.
- Stephanie Evans just donated $100
- Sheva Butler just donated $52.75
- Nat just donated $52.75
- Simone just donated $52.75
- Kerry Craft just donated $21.10
- Tom just donated $70
- Maree and Mark Twidale just donated $52.75
- Helen Blanch just donated $105.50
- P H just donated $263.75
- Frances just donated $104.40
- Lexie Antonio just donated $52.20
- Leslie Willis just donated $50
- Don & Lorelle Hall just donated $52.20
- Anonymous just donated $10
- Peter John Sayer just donated $104.40
- Ken Smith just donated $20.88
- Roslyn Flint just donated $20.88
- Allen Crompton just donated $20
- Tom just donated $100
- Tim Dwyer just donated $5.22