86KM FOR A CURE is a fundraising initiative of the Children’s Cancer Institute Australia (ABN 41 072 279 559) (“the Institute”) to raise funds for research into the cure for childhood cancer (“the Event”). From 1 March 2022 to 31 March 2022, participants will walk or run 86km for the 86 children who will be diagnosed with cancer in March. By registering as a participant in the Event, I am agreeing to accept and comply with the following terms and conditions:
- I am at least eighteen (18) years old.
- My decision to participate in the Event is entirely voluntary and my own. I understand I am free to withdraw from the Event at any time if I do not wish to proceed.
- I understand and acknowledge that I take full responsibility for any consequence of my participation in the Event. I agree to carefully consider the risks of my participation in the Event prior to participating, including but not limited to the risks of harm associated with physical exertion. I warrant that I am physically fit enough to participate safely in the Event and I understand it is my sole responsibility to consult with a doctor before participating in the Event to discuss any conditions that may impede my ability to participate safely in the Event. Regardless of whether I have consulted with a doctor, I am aware of the risks of participating and voluntarily assume and accept those risks.
- In consideration of and as a condition of acceptance of my participation in the event for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, I:
- waive, release and discharge the Institute (including its directors, staff, agents and independent contractors, volunteers and sponsors) (“the Indemnified Parties"), from all and any liability including all claims or causes of action which I might otherwise have (including for negligence) arising from any injury, loss, or damage of whatever kind suffered or sustained by me arising directly or indirectly out of my participation in the Event; and
- indemnify the Indemnified Parties against any claim, action, liability, loss, damage, cost or expense that the Indemnified Parties incur or are liable for as a result of my participation in the Event; and
- agree not to bring any claim against the Institute for loss or damages, regardless of whether negligence can be demonstrated.
- I acknowledge that the Institute will not insure me in relation to any aspect of the Event and I agree that I am responsible for all necessary insurance to cover my participation in the Event.
- During my participation in the Event, I agree to adhere to all public health rules and regulations in my State or Territory or the State or Territory in which I complete the Event.
- I understand that completing the Event in a public place will increase the risk of my exposure to COVID-19 and acknowledge that it is my sole responsibility to take measures to protect myself from exposure to COVID-19.
- I agree that I will not participate in the Event if I am feeling unwell or subject to a self-quarantine or self-isolation period.
- I acknowledge that by registering to participate in the Event, I pledge to raise funds for the Institute.
- As part of registration for the Event, I will set up a fundraising profile (“my Profile”) on https://www.ccia.org.au/event/86k-for-a-cure/ (“Event Website”) and promote my Profile to seek donations from the public for the Event. I acknowledge that all donations made via my Profile on the Event Website are donations to the Institute and are remitted directly to the Institute.
- I understand that all fundraising for this Event is authorised under the Institute’s authority to fundraise in the relevant State or Territory in Australia. I agree to be bound by the fundraising legislation relevant to the State or Territory in which I am fundraising.
- I understand and acknowledge that any content that I post to the Event Website (for example, photos and videos) (“Content”) is my responsibility, I warrant that copyright in the Content is owned by me and that the Content does not infringe the copyright, moral rights or other rights of any third party. I indemnify and keep the Institute indemnified against any claim by a third party in relation to the Content. By posting the Content on the Event Website, I grant the Institute a perpetual, royalty free, transferable and non-exclusive licence to use, copy, reproduce, modify, broadcast, communicate or sublicense the Content (in whole or in part) for the promotion of the Event or the Institute in any manner or media worldwide.
- I have had the opportunity to review the Children’s Cancer Institute Privacy Notice below and to seek more details in relation to the Children’s Cancer Institute Privacy Statement.
Privacy Notice: Children’s Cancer Institute understands the importance of protecting your privacy and complies with the Australian Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act 1988. We collect your personal information to register you as a participant in our events and for the purpose of issuing you with a valid tax invoice. We may also disclose your personal information for fundraising and marketing purposes, such as sending you details about other activities, special offers or promotions by Children’s Cancer Institute and our sponsors. We would also like to share your email address with other participants and partners of 86KM For a Cure. The collection, use, disclosure, and destruction of this information will be handled in accordance with the Public Health Order, Australian Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act 1988. If you do not consent to your personal information being disclosed by Children’s Cancer Institute, you can opt out by emailing us at email@example.com
You can find more information about how we handle your personal information by visiting https://www.ccia.org.au/privacypolicy/