86K FOR A CURE is a fundraising initiative of the Children’s Cancer Institute Australia (ABN 41 072 279 559) (“the Institute”) to raise funds for research into the cure for childhood cancer (“the Event”). From 1 March 2023 to 31 March 2023, participants will walk or run 86km for the 86 children who will be diagnosed with cancer in March. By registering as a participant in the Event, I am agreeing to accept and comply with the following terms and conditions:
- I am at least eighteen (18) years old.
- My decision to participate in the Event is entirely voluntary and my own. I understand I am free to withdraw from the Event at any time if I do not wish to proceed.
- I understand and acknowledge that I take full responsibility for any consequence of my participation in the Event. I agree to carefully consider the risks of my participation in the Event prior to participating, including but not limited to the risks of harm associated with physical exertion. I warrant that I am physically fit enough to participate safely in the Event and I understand it is my sole responsibility to consult with a doctor before participating in the Event to discuss any conditions that may impede my ability to participate safely in the Event. Regardless of whether I have consulted with a doctor, I am aware of the risks of participating and voluntarily assume and accept those risks.
- In consideration of and as a condition of acceptance of my participation in the event for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, I:
- waive, release and discharge the Institute (including its directors, staff, agents and independent contractors, volunteers and sponsors) (“the Indemnified Parties"), from all and any liability including all claims or causes of action which I might otherwise have (including for negligence) arising from any injury, loss, or damage of whatever kind suffered or sustained by me arising directly or indirectly out of my participation in the Event; and
- indemnify the Indemnified Parties against any claim, action, liability, loss, damage, cost or expense that the Indemnified Parties incur or are liable for as a result of my participation in the Event; and
- agree not to bring any claim against the Institute for loss or damages, regardless of whether negligence can be demonstrated.
- I acknowledge that the Institute will not insure me in relation to any aspect of the Event and I agree that I am responsible for all necessary insurance to cover my participation in the Event.
- During my participation in the Event, I agree to adhere to all public health rules and regulations in my State or Territory or the State or Territory in which I complete the Event.
- I understand that completing the Event in a public place will increase the risk of my exposure to COVID-19 and acknowledge that it is my sole responsibility to take measures to protect myself from exposure to COVID-19.
- I agree that I will not participate in the Event if I am feeling unwell or subject to a self-quarantine or self-isolation period.
- I acknowledge that by registering to participate in the Event, I pledge to raise funds for the Institute.
- As part of registration for the Event, I will set up a fundraising profile (“my Profile”) on https://www.ccia.org.au/event/86k-for-a-cure/ (“Event Website”) and promote my Profile to seek donations from the public for the Event. I acknowledge that all donations made via my Profile on the Event Website are donations to the Institute and are remitted directly to the Institute.
- I understand that all fundraising for this Event is authorised under the Institute’s authority to fundraise in the relevant State or Territory in Australia. I agree to be bound by the fundraising legislation relevant to the State or Territory in which I am fundraising.
- I understand and acknowledge that any content that I post to the Event Website (for example, photos and videos) (“Content”) is my responsibility, I warrant that copyright in the Content is owned by me and that the Content does not infringe the copyright, moral rights or other rights of any third party. I indemnify and keep the Institute indemnified against any claim by a third party in relation to the Content. By posting the Content on the Event Website, I grant the Institute a perpetual, royalty free, transferable and non-exclusive licence to use, copy, reproduce, modify, broadcast, communicate or sublicense the Content (in whole or in part) for the promotion of the Event or the Institute in any manner or media worldwide.
- I have had the opportunity to review the Children’s Cancer Institute Privacy Notice below and to seek more details in relation to the Children’s Cancer Institute Privacy Statement.
Privacy Notice: Children’s Cancer Institute understands the importance of protecting your privacy and complies with the Australian Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act 1988. We collect your personal information to register you as a participant in our events and for the purpose of issuing you with a valid tax invoice. We may also disclose your personal information for fundraising and marketing purposes, such as sending you details about other activities, special offers or promotions by Children’s Cancer Institute and our sponsors. We would also like to share your email address with other participants and partners of 86K for a Cure. The collection, use, disclosure, and destruction of this information will be handled in accordance with the Public Health Order, Australian Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act 1988. If you do not consent to your personal information being disclosed by Children’s Cancer Institute, you can opt out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find more information about how we handle your personal information by visiting https://www.ccia.org.au/privacy-statement
- These terms and conditions apply to the 86K for a Cure Registration promotion (“Promotion”).
- The promoter is Children’s Cancer Institute (ABN 41 072 279 559) of Level 5, C25 Lowy Cancer Research Centre, Gate 9 High St, UNSW Sydney NSW 2052 (“Promotor”).
- The Promotion will open on Monday, 9 January 2023 at 12:00 pm AEST and closes on Friday, 13 January 2023 at 11:59 pm AEST (“Promotion Date”).
- Entry to the Promotion is open to all Australian residents who register as a participant of the 86K for a Cure event at 86Kforacure.org.au and receive an email confirmation of registration during the Promotion Date (“Participants”). Participants fulfilling these requirements are automatically entered into the Promotion.
- The maximum number of entries for each Participant is one.
- The following persons are automatically ineligible to enter the Promotion:
- Directors, management, employees, officers and contractors of the Promoter and those of any agencies or suppliers directly associated with this Promotion;
- The immediate family members of the above persons. “Immediate family member” means spouse, parent, natural or adopted child and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), whether or not they live in the same household as the director, manager, employee, officer or contractor; and
- The prize is 1 x $1000 Holiday voucher which will be distributed as 2 x $500 Flight Centre Vouchers (“Prize”).
- At the conclusion of the Promotion Period, the Promoter will conduct a random computerized draw of all Participants to determine the winner of the Promotion. The draw will be conducted by the Promoter on Thursday, 19 January 2023 at 1:00pm at Level 5, C25 Lowy Cancer Research Centre, Gate 9 High St, UNSW Sydney NSW 2052.
- The winner will be announced on the 86K for a Cure Facebook Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/675290916790943) on Friday, 20 January 2023 and notified by phone and email. Prizes will be shipped to the winner’s Australian mailing and/or sent to their email address.
- The Prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The Prize is not transferable.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any other costs or expenses associated with the Prize. The Prize is valid until the expiry date specified on the voucher or by the Prize provider and is subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the Prize provider. The Promoter is not liable for any voucher that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way once awarded.
- If the Prize is unclaimed or an entry is deemed invalid (at the Promoter’s absolute discretion), a redraw will take place on Thursday, 26 January 2023 at 3:00pm at the same location and using the same method as the original draw. The winner of any redraw will be notified by phone and email.
- The Promoter collects any personal information that a Participant provides for the purpose of administering the Promotion. The Promoter may also use the Participant’s personal information in advertisements, publications, media statements and other promotional material associated with the Promotion.
- The Promotor may disclose a Participant’s personal information to any contractors and agencies connected with this Promotion, any Prize provider and relevant authorities in the relevant states/territories for the purposes of administering the Promotion.
- The Promoter’s privacy statement can be viewed at www.ccia.org.au/privacy-statement. It contains information about how Participants may complain about a privacy breach, how the Promoter will deal with such a complaint and how Participants may seek access to the personal information the Promoter holds about them and correct that information.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained (including without limitation that caused by any person’s negligence) relating to this Promotion or the awarding or redemption of the Prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case liability is limited to the minimum amount allowable by law).
- The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Dollar Match Day - 31st March 2023
This double donation period starts at 8:00am (AEDT) Friday 31st March and will end at 11:59pm (AEDT) Friday 31st March OR once the double donation pool of $60,000 is exhausted, whichever comes first.
Conditions of dollar matching are;
- Maximum amount to be matched per donation transaction is $3,000;
- Donation must be made to an individual, team or 86K for a Cure event page to be matched;
- Double donations are subject to change.
Day one Garmin Watch Incentive Terms and Conditions
- Competition opens Wednesday 1st March 2023 12:00 am AEST and closes Wednesday 1st March 2023 11:59 pm AEST (Promotion Dates).
- Entry is open to Australian residents who register as a participant for 86K for a Cure at 86Kforacure.org.au and receive an email confirmation of registration within the Promotion Dates. Participants fulfilling these requirements are eligible to enter into the draw.
- Each donation received on an individual online fundraising page during the Promotion Dates will be counted as one entry into the draw. Minimum one donation must be made to enter the draw. There is no maximum entries.
- All Children’s Cancer Institute employees and directors who work on 86K for a Cure and Children’s Cancer Institute Executive Management Team, are ineligible to enter.
- Prize is: 2 x Garmin Forerunner 945 Running Watch (RRP:$999). There will be two winners, each winning one prize.
- Prizes are as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. Prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The promoter will not be responsible for any other costs associated with the prize.
- Winners will be drawn at random on Thursday 2nd March 2023 at 1:00pm. Winners will be announced in the 86K for a Cure Facebook Group on Friday 3rd March 2023 and notified by phone and email. Prizes will be shipped to the winner’s Australian mailing and/or email address.
- If a prize is unclaimed, a redraw will take place on Monday 13th March 2023 at 3:00pm at the same location as the original draw. Winners of any redraw will be notified by phone and email.
- The promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The promoter is Children’s Cancer Institute, ABN 41 072 279 559.