In entering the Dare to Cure 2021 event I agree to the following terms and conditions:
- In these terms and conditions, “Dare Providers” means Jacqueline Salkeld Trading as “Feature Creatures” (Company ABN: 42413963344), Mathew Karel Brady (Company ABN/ACN: 65 203 513 470), Grand Royal Pty Ltd (Company ABN: 95159302066), Union Brookvale Pty Ltd (Company ABN: 70 631 737 785), Mobile Rock Climbing Australia Pty Ltd (Company ABN: 95 143 513 599) and FREAK ENTERTAINMENT PTY LTD (Company ABN: 34 636 879 920)
- I have volunteered at my sole risk to raise funds for Children’s Cancer Institute Australia (ABN 41 072 279 559) (“you/your”) by undertaking an activity (or activities) which will be personally challenging for me (“the Dare/s”) which are organised by you.
- As soon as possible after the event I will remit to you all funds I have raised along with photographs and other documentation of the Dare/s for use by you in future fundraising activities including promoting future CEO Dare to Cure events.
- I understand and acknowledge that:
- the Dare/s may involve an inherent risk.
- no representation or warranties in relation to my safety and the safety of the event including the Dare/s is being made by you or any of the Dare providers.
- I will properly consider any risks before undertaking the Dare/s.
- The decision to participate in the Dare/s is entirely my own and I accept and assume all risks and liabilities associated with participation in the Dare/s, including but not limited to loss of life or permanent injury.
- In consideration of and as a condition of acceptance of my participation in the event for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, I:
- waive, release and discharge you (including its directors, staff, agents and independent contractors, the Dare providers, volunteers and sponsors) (“the Indemnified Parties"), from all and any liability including all claims or causes of action which I might otherwise have (including for negligence) arising from any injury, loss, or damage of whatever kind suffered or sustained by me arising directly or indirectly out of my participation in the event including my participation in the Dare/s; and
- indemnify the Indemnified Parties against any claim, action, liability, loss, damage, cost or expense that the Indemnified Parties incur or are liable for as a result of my participation in the event including my participation in the Dare/s; and
- agree not to bring any claim against you or any third party involved in the Dare/s including but not limited to the Dare providers for loss or damages, regardless of whether negligence can be demonstrated.
- Special terms for firewalking and glasswalking Dare:
In addition to the provisions of clauses 4 & 5, if I agreed to undertake the firewalking and glasswalking Dare, I acknowledge that I have been told that:
- people have been seriously injured by participating in firewalking and glasswalking,
- that there is in fact an inherent risk in firewalking and glasswalking, and
- if I voluntarily choose to firewalk and glasswalk, there is a possibility I myself may receive injuries requiring medical attention
and I agree to give the waivers and indemnities set out in clause 5.
- I acknowledge that you will not insure me or my employer in relation to any aspect of the event including the Dare/s, and I agree that I am responsible for all necessary insurance to cover my participation in the event including the Dare/s.
- I agree to abide by all laws relating to the conduct of the Dare/s and any advice or rules of any third party involved in the Dare/s including the Dare Providers.
- I warrant that I am physically fit to participate in the Dare/s and I will not participate in any Dare/s if I am currently suffering from any medical or other condition that may impair or impede my ability to participate.
- I consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during the Dare/s.
- I am at least eighteen (18) years old.
- I consent to the use of any or all of my name, image, job title and employer details, voice and statement and any photographs supplied under clause 2 above to promote the event in any form of media without payment or compensation.
- I have had the opportunity to review the Children’s Cancer Institute Privacy Notice below and to seek more details in relation to the Children’s Cancer Institute Privacy Statement.
- I understand that I will be asked to agree to additional terms and conditions reflecting current COVID-19 health and safety requirements on the day of the Event.
Privacy Notice: Children’s Cancer Institute understands the importance of protecting your privacy and complies with the Australian Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act 1988. We collect your personal information to register you as a participant in our events and for the purpose of issuing you with a valid tax invoice. We may also disclose your personal information for fundraising and marketing purposes, such as sending you details about other activities, special offers or promotions by Children’s Cancer Institute and our sponsors. We would also like to share your email address with other participants and partners of CEO Dare to Cure. Children’s Cancer Institute and/or it’s service providers, will collect and store your attendance information for the sole purpose of complying with the Public Health (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) Order (No 4) 2020 and not for any other purpose. The collection, use, disclosure, and destruction of this information will be handled in accordance with the Public Health Order, Australian Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act 1988. If you do not consent to your personal information being disclosed by Children’s Cancer Institute, you can opt out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find more information about how we handle your personal information by visiting https://www.ccia.org.au/privacypolicy/