There are two ways to track your kilometres this March:
Please note all KMs logged before 1st March will be removed once the challenge officially begins.
Option #1 - Manually
You can manually add the kilometres you've completed directly into your dashboard so they automatically appear on your fundraising page.
Follow these steps:
1. Login to your dashboard
2. Go to 'My Fitness Activity' in the drop down menu
3. Scroll down to 'Add Activity'
4. Enter the 'Date' and 'KMs'
5. Hit 'Save Changes' and you're done!
Option #2 - Via a fitness app
You can use connect your FitBit,
Follow these steps:
1. Create an account with your chosen app
3. Go to the ‘My Fitness Activity’ tab
4. Connect to your fitness app following the instructions provided
5. Please allow 24 hours for your activity to show up on your fundraising page
When do I track my kilometres for 86K for a Cure?
Your 86km challenge will take place from 1 March - 31 March 2023.
What if I start my 86km before 1st March?
We love your enthusiasm! Your kilometres will be tracked once you connect your app and then we will refresh everyone’s stats on 1st March to start 86K for a Cure together.
Can I track my kilometres with Apple?
Yes, if you have an Apple device, you'll need to connect it to one of the three fitness apps we have integrated on the platform (Fitbit, MapMyFitness, Strava, Garmin).
Each activity you log from your Apple device will then automatically sync through the listed apps onto your fundraising page.
What if I run or walk more than 86km during March?
You are a Children’s Cancer Institute superstar! Every kilometre you complete will be dedicated to a child diagnosed with cancer.
Do we have to walk OR run or can we cycle or swim?
This is a walk or run challenge for our community, but if you wish to participate doing another activity, that’s ok!
How do I track my kilometres with Fitbit?
Login to your 86K for a Cure dashboard and head to the 'My Fitness Activity' tab. Here you can connect up to your preferred fitness app. Click on the Fitbit icon, where you will be asked to login and authorise us to access your fitness account.
When you are clocking up your KMs, you must record an 'activity' with your Fitbit in order for it to contribute to your kilometres.
Please then allow up to 24 hours for your activity to sync to your page.
I just recorded an activity but it's not appearing on my page?
If you're activity isn't appearing, please complete these three steps:
1. Log in to your 86K for a Cure dashboard and make sure your chosen fitness app is connected in you 'My Fitness Activity' tab
2. When logging activity you must select 'Start' and 'Stop' in your fitness app
3. Then allow 24 hours for your activity to appear on your page
If your activity is still not appearing, you can manually add your KMs via the 'My Fitness Activity' tab on your dashboard.