Donate Your Age.
Not everyone gets to experience as many Christmases as you have. This Christmas, show your appreciation by donating $1 for every year of life you have lived, and help more children beat cancer.
Every week, in Australia, 3 children lose their lives to cancer. These kids don’t get to experience anywhere near enough life, birthdays, holidays, or adventures. They don’t get to see many Christmases either.
This year, please show your appreciation for every Christmas you have been lucky enough to have, by Donating Your Age. That’s just $1 for every Christmas.
Your donation will help the research team at Children’s Cancer Institute find a cure, so that more children get the chance to grow up, and grow old, and experience as many Christmases as you have.
"Without the Zero Childhood Cancer Program Ka’ili would have had a slim chance of survival when her cancer relapsed in her lungs. We absolutely need to implement technologies like ZERO to analyse the tumors of kids diagnosed in the future and come up with solutions that allow them to live long, healthy lives."
- Professor Glenn Marshall AM
Where the money goes.
84% Research & scientific activities to help cure childhood cancer.
Last year, 84 cents of every dollar spent within the institute was spent directly on dedicated research to help cure childhood cancer.
10% Fundraising activities to generate donations and increase funding.
6% Core support services and infrastructure cost, vital to keep the institute running.
You're supporting kids like Ka'ili
At just four years old, Ka’ili was taken to hospital where a scan revealed a tumour the size of a rockmelon in her kidney.
Just short of a year after her treatment began, Ka’ili relapsed. This time, she was to face six months of intensive chemotherapy, along with radiation therapy and a bone marrow transplant.
Ka’ili was enrolled on the Zero Childhood Cancer Program (ZERO) and the team was able to identify a drug to target Ka’ili’s cancer. Five months later, Ka’ili was in remission.
Donate Your Age to support research like ZERO, and give more children like Ka’ili the chance to enjoy more Christmases with their family.
- Hanna Weber just donated $36.93
- Sohum Raut just donated $68.68
- Ritu Goel just donated $36.93
- Andrew Andreou just donated $52
- Anonymous just donated $39.04
- Anonymous just donated $37.98
- Anonymous just donated $28.21
- Jel just donated $57
- Anonymous just donated $34.81
- Jason Golfo just donated $39.04
- Allie B just donated $29.54
- Anonymous just donated $105.50
- Veronica just donated $36.93
- Cassie P just donated $28
- Kav just donated $40
- Anonymous just donated $58.02
- Emma Clarke just donated $58.02
- Anonymous just donated $60.14
- Christie Cheng just donated $24
- Anonymous just donated $24.26