‘Princess’ Liliana brought sunshine into the lives of all those around her. But at just three years old she was diagnosed with the worst cancer a child can get, DIPG or diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma.
DIPG is an aggressive brain tumour that currently has no effective treatment options.
Ten years ago, it robbed Liliana of her life. First, it took her health, then her laughter, her sight and finally, her ability to breathe. It robbed her parents Rachael and Zoran, of their beloved daughter, aged just four years old.
But Rachael and Zoran knew they had to do something. They decided to change the future for kids with DIPG. They donated their daughter’s tumour sample and enabled us to start Australia’s first DIPG tumour bank.
This meant we were finally able to conduct research on this deadly disease and today we are seeing great progress. For the first time we are able to offer a glimmer of hope to children diagnosed with DIPG.
But we need your help to take it to the next step. Donate today and help us find an effective treatment for DIPG. Your kindness will change the future for kids like Liliana.
- Elsa Babu just donated $52.50
- Clare Musgrave just donated $26.25
- Supriya Amol Gogate just donated $150
- Maryam Pourhossein Pourhossein just donated $25
- Paul Reid just donated $105
- Anonymous just donated $120.75
- Diego Schlossberg just donated $52.50
- David Leavey just donated $525
- Betty Schaedel just donated $36.75
- Sibel Kaan just donated $52.50
- Linda Ben-David just donated $31.50
- Esther Cossman just donated $200
- Arthur Davis just donated $25
- Anonymous just donated $21
- Brett and Tania Davis just donated $52.50
- Chris Twyman just donated $31.50
A big thank you to our Supporters
The real heroes who are kindly helping us achieve our goal
Supriya Amol Gogate
Maryam Pourhossein Pourhossein
Brett And Tania Davis