Donate Your Age.
This Childhood Cancer Awareness month, help us find a cure for every child with cancer by donating $1 for every year of life you have been lucky enough to live.
Most people take getting old for granted.
At Children’s Cancer Institute we do not.
Sadly, 3 children die from cancer every week in Australia.
These kids don’t get to experience growing old, or even growing up.
This Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, please support our life-saving research, by Donating Your Age.
Donate Your Age is not just about giving, it’s about showing your appreciation for every precious year we have been given. And it's about helping our research team find a cure for every child with cancer, so that they get the chance to grow up, and grow older, like you have.
A life should be long.
and I'm donating
this Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
to help children beat cancer and get the
chance to grow up, and grow older, like I have.
Since being diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia at just three years old, Wyatt has undergone daily chemotherapy, weekend antibiotics, intermittent steroids, never-ending finger pricks, Lumbar Punctures, IV chemotherapy and more.
While has now been declared in remission, his family lives with the ever-present fear of relapse and side effects from the devastating treatment.
“I thank you with all my heart and soul for being amongst those who realise we have to do more. Our kids need it. They deserve it." Says mum Jess.
Help us create safer and more effective treatments for children like Wyatt.
Where the money goes.
84% Research & scientific activities to help cure childhood cancer.
Last year, 84 cents of every dollar spent within the institute was spent directly on dedicated research to help cure childhood cancer.
10% Fundraising activities to generate donations and increase funding.
6% Core support services and infrastructure cost, vital to keep the institute running.
Professor Maria Kavallaris and her team are pioneering research using nanomedicine to deliver targeted drugs directly to a child’s tumour cells, killing only those cells and leaving healthy cells untouched. This is not only more effective in killing cancer cells, it reduces devastating side effects that affect so many children with cancer.
We need your to help accelerate this ground-breaking research.
- Kylie Brown just donated $36.93
- Ashleigh Davison just donated $33.76
- Kristie Litchfield just donated $36.93
- Dimitris Lironis just donated $39.04
- Greg Sawyer just donated $40
- Anonymous just donated $25
- Anonymous just donated $105.50
- Jo Crutchett just donated $36
- Anonymous just donated $43.20
- Georgina Jeston just donated $65.41
- Anonymous just donated $27.43
- Rita Rita just donated $11
- Nicky K. just donated $30.59
- Anonymous just donated $40.09
- Anonymous just donated $55
- Gary Millard just donated $63.30
- Josephine Visaggio just donated $104.50
- Anonymous just donated $46.42
- Erin Leahy just donated $1,520
- catherine gerloff just donated $105.50